How to Cool Off this Hot Summer: Super Soaker 50

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today is the first day of SUMMER! Hooray! Down south that means HOT HOT HOT, though. So how do we stay cool? Well, we tend to hang out around and in water. Water Parks, Water Fountains, Beach, Sprinklers, Pool ... and Squirt or Water Guns.

You see, my sons, ages 3 and 1, were recently introduced to water guns by their grandma and great grandma. They loved them so much that I bought them some animal shaped squirters. They think its hilarious to run around and spray water at each other ... and me ... with their frog and shark shaped squirt "guns". But when my husband, 210 pounds of mean, lean muscle, wants to join in the fun - well, he can't even get his finger into that little trigger area.

Re-introducing the Super Soaker 50! This is an awesome, air pressure water gun for ages 6 and up. It can hold 25 ounces of tap water, it's easy to fill with a wide opening and attached cap and the hand pump easily slides back and forth to increase the air pressure and improve your taret accuracy up to 35 feet!

Why do I say re-introducing, though? Well, the Super Soaker 50 from Hasbro was first introduced in 1989 - I was only 11 at the time. Whoa. Some things have changed about the water gun since then, like colors, style and the suggested age (back then it was for 5 and up). But some things NEVER change. It still requires no batteries, it still has quick pump action, and it still has extra large water capacity. Pretty much, it's just like the original - but BETTER!

The first time we broke this baby out was outside at my mom's pool. Here is my husband playing with our sons. All of the boys had a GREAT time with it and I am thinking of getting one for my nephew who turns 6 this year. :shock: Maybe I'll get him two - to share with a friend or his sister. Because having a water gun is more fun when someone else has one too!

The new Super Soaker 50 is the first air-pressurized water gun I've ever used, and I found it so easy to pump the air into it! Then you just pull the trigger and shoot! And yes, there is even room for my husband's trigger finger.

So if you are looking for ONE MORE WAY to cool off this HOT SUMMER - I highly suggest the Super Soaker 50.

Photobucket


This is solely the opinion of the Mom Buzz. Other people may have different experiences with the product. A Super Soaker was supplied to the Mom Buzz for the purpose of this review.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

2 Friends Buzzing:

  1. Susan G. said...

    My Boys would have a blast with this ! Thanks for sharing !

  2. Mike from Wet Water Fountains said...

    I have college-age boys who love these things.

Post a Comment

News

Summer

Contest

Default