Baby Boom at Discovery Cove

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I went to Discovery Cove three years ago, when I was pregnant with my first son, and loved it. Everything was all-inclusive. I laid back on the faux beach like a ... 7 month pregnant woman. :LOL: (No whale jokes). And every now and then I would go in the water to drift towards the aviary, swim with ginormous stingrays, safely observe barracudas under water and ... the best part ... swim with dolphins. I am totally planning on going back once the boys have had enough practice swimming so they can truly enjoy the experience too. It.Is.Awesome!

Well - guess what's going on at Discovery Cove right now? A baby boom! Four dolphins have given birth in the past month. The name and gender of the calves will be determined soon, probably next month.



They usually have great deals for Florida residents. But its a great vacation spot for out-of-state peeps too! Where else can you enjoy a safe, one-of-a-kind opportunity to swim with dolphins, snorkel with rays and tropical fish, hand-feed exotic birds and relax on pristine beaches?
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

2 Friends Buzzing:

  1. The Jacobsen Family! said...

    I have never heard of Discovery Cove, but it looks amazing!
    And I hardly think you could ever look like a whale, no matter how far along in your pregnancy you got!

  2. JenOms said...

    I can't wait to visit Discovery Cove! I also have to wait until my daughter is a little older and with more swimming practice.

Post a Comment

News

Summer

Contest

Default