Guardian Angel Bracelets: Helping Keep Kids Safe

Thursday, July 09, 2009

One thing I am positive EVERY MOM worries about is losing her child in public. Did you know over 2,000 children are lost everyday? Just today I was at a park with my kids and some other moms. And every other second I am counting them. One-two. One-two. One... Ack! Where is two? And then he pops out from behind a pole.

Luckily, the park wasn't crowded and I did have my eyes on them. But it's THAT EASY to lose one. Especially when it is crowded. It might be they walk away, or they might be taken.

One way that can help get your child back if they do wander is to have some sort of "contact me" on them. I've used tattoos in the past, with my number on it. But I do like the waterproof, durable Guardian Angel Bracelets, as well.

What's the difference? The two main differences between the tattoos and the bracelet are:

1. PHONE NUMBERS:

The Bracelets let me write the number I need right then and there. So if they are out with me, I write my cell number on the bracelet with a supplied water-proof pen. If they are going out with my mom, I write my mom's cell on it. If they are out with my husband, his cell number goes on it. So you can customize it easily.

Once you order the safety tattoos with a number, that is the only number that people can call when your child is lost.

2. Ease-of-Removal:

When having a "contact me" number on your child for emergencies, you want them to be easy to see and not easy to remove. The tattoos are physically attached to your child's skin and can only be removed with alcohol or a lot of washing! But the Guardian Angel bracelets are not easy to remove either! They have to be cut off to remove. And they are easy to spot on a child's wrist.

More about Guardian Angel Bracelets:
A pack of ten has two sets of multicolored bracelets. 5 are rainbow striped and the other 5 are rainbow tie-dye. They clearly say, "If Lost Call" and then you add the proper phone number underneath with a supplied water-proof pen.

The bracelet is just one step in helping your child remain safe. Guardian Angel also provides other tips, like dressing your kids in bright clothing, teaching them to approach the first person they see when lost and asking them to call the number on the bracelet, carrying a recent photo of your child and a lot more. You can find great tips at GuardianAngelBracelets.com. You can also order a pack while you are there!

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY
Honestly, if you are planning on going ANYWHERE this summer I suggest these bracelets. Them parks, water parks, beach, airport, etc. It's so easy to lose track of a child when you are hustling around. And you can't count on them to remember their number at a vital moment. But you can teach them to go to someone - a mom or a person in a uniform - show them their bracelet and you can have them back after a quick phone call.


SAVE
Receive a 20% discount when you purchase from Guardian Angel Bracelets between today and July 30th! Use the code mombuzz at the checkout.


One buzz reader will have an opportunity to win a 10-pack of bracelets! To enter, how would you use Guardian Angel Bracelets, "For Kids" or "For Adults" or "For Groups."



EXTRA ENTRIES:
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But for extra entries, you can:
Contest Ends July 30th. Please refer to complete contest rules.


Photobucket

This is solely the opinion of the Mom Buzz. Other people may have different experiences with the product. And don't forget to enter my other hot contests so you can win and try buzzworthy products!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

57 Friends Buzzing:

  1. Beth said...

    I would use the For Kids bracelets with my daughter. They would be perfect for summer outings.

  2. Beth said...

    I'm a subscriber.

  3. Christine said...

    For kids bracelets for my son

  4. Sylvia said...

    These would be good or taking the grandkids to the fair
    sylviawhit@gmail.com

  5. Sylvia said...

    I subscribe
    sylviawhit@gmail.com

  6. blabla3269 said...

    or kids for my daughter

  7. VickeC said...

    I would use the For Kids bracelets,for my grandchildren,we are planning a trip an this would be wonderful


    vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

  8. VickeC said...

    I follow on twitter an tweeted;vickiecouturierhttp://bit.ly/xoiVL


    vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

  9. VickeC said...

    I am a subscriber to you


    vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

  10. moushka said...

    I would use them for my daughters.

    BTW: We found out the hard way that the other type can cause a reaction. Both of my daughters had a bad reaction. This is a MUCH better solution.

  11. moushka said...

    Subscriber!

  12. Cheryl F said...

    I would use the for kids bracelets with my 7 yr old.

  13. JenOms said...

    I would use it with my daughter.

  14. Christine B said...

    I would use these when I take my kids and my neice to the water park and amusement parks all summer long. I do the counting game a hundred times a day, I am always scared to death if one is out of my sight.
    cbre101022(at)rocketmail(dot)com

  15. Christine B said...

    I subscribe to your email.
    cbre101022(at)rocketmail(dot)com

  16. Christine B said...

    I visited the Guardian Angel Bracelet ID website and the child safety tip I found was that you need to carefully inspect your backyard playground equiptment that according to the CPSC, 70% of all playground equiptment deaths occur on home playground equiptment.
    cbre101022(at)rocketmail(dot)com

  17. judybrittle said...

    I would love the kids bracelets for my grandchildren. Less worry for me. Thank you!

  18. judybrittle said...

    I would love these for my grandchildren. Less worry for me. Thank you!

  19. judybrittle said...

    I'm a subscriber.

  20. TZel said...

    I would use the Kid's bracelets for my daughter. I could put of course our info, etc., but also that she is an insulin-dependent diabetic. thank you!

  21. tatertot374 said...

    I would use the Kids for my 3 kids. This would be fantastic to win
    Thank you for the chance
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

  22. TheAngelForever said...

    I would use the Kid's bracelets on our boys when we go to Six Flags with our season passes. They would have been great at Disney World as well.

  23. TheAngelForever said...

    Your button is on my blog (TheAngelForever.com)

    the_angel_forever at yahoo dot com

  24. TheAngelForever said...

    Subscribe to your RSS feed

    the_angel_forever at yahoo dot com

  25. jenbutterfly12 said...

    I would use the guardian angels bracelet for my two kids.

    jenbutterfly12 at yahoo dot com

  26. jenbutterfly12 said...

    I'm an email subscriber.

  27. jenbutterfly12 said...

    Tweet, Tweet.

    http://twitter.com/jenbutterfly/status/2700052397

  28. jenbutterfly12 said...

    A safety tip I learned is: Empty small wading pools after children are done playing and remove all toys: Infants can drown in just a few inches of water. Floats, balls and other toys may attract children to the pool when it is unattended.

  29. Cari C said...

    I would use Guardian Angel bracelets "For Kids". My DD is very chatty and thinks everyone wants to be her friend.

  30. Cari C said...

    I have your button on my blog: http://mommyandpedsnurse.blogspot.com/

  31. Cari C said...

    This is a great safety tip:
    6. Have a spray bottle or fire extinguisher handy: An unexpected flare-up can burn more than your burgers. Use a spray bottle to avoid flare-ups and have a fire extinguisher nearby. Also, coals get hot – in some cases up to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit – so dispose of charcoal away from kids and pets and cool it down with a hose.

  32. ohmmommy said...

    I would use the For Kids when taking my toddler to the beach and the parks this summer.

  33. ohmmommy said...

    tweeted

    http://twitter.com/ohmmommy/status/2731263604

  34. ohmmommy said...

    Have your button.

  35. ohmmommy said...

    Subscribe by reader.

  36. ohmmommy said...

    Must be able to scan a pool in 10 seconds and reach it within 20 seconds.

  37. pixie13 said...

    The for kids bracelets for my daughter

  38. mamawj said...

    I woould use them with my grandson and for a speacial needs person in our family, what a great product. thanks

  39. Cakeblast said...

    I would use these bracelets for my 2 children when we go to summer socials and festivals.

  40. Tylerpants said...

    The "For Kids" Guardian Angel bracelets would be great for my son & his cousins. We often go out with our relatives and it's a lot of people so these would be useful for the zoo, amusement parks, etc

  41. Tylerpants said...

    I'm a subscriber

  42. Tylerpants said...

    I signed up for the Guardian Angel Newsletter.
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  43. Tylerpants said...

    A good tip: Keep grills at least 10 feet from any structure

  44. djgroz said...

    For Greatgrandkids when shopping!!!

  45. kngmckellar said...

    They would be great for going to Cedar Point with my brother and family and my family!

  46. trixpixel said...

    I'd use the For Kids bracelets when we go shopping as my little girl tends to wander away

  47. trixpixel said...

    I'm a subscriber

  48. trixpixel said...

    A tip I found: Never use gasoline or kerosene to light a charcoal fire: Both can cause an explosion

  49. trixpixel said...

    I've signed up for the Guardian Angel newsletter.

  50. Egare1 said...

    I would use these for kids, they'd be perfect when we go to the zoo with friends!

  51. Amanda said...

    I would use the "For Kids" bracelets for my daughter. macd82 at gmail dot com

  52. mom2anutball said...

    I would use the For Kids for my son and daughter! Thanks!
    hawkgirl_16 {at} hotmail {dot} com

  53. mom2anutball said...

    I have your button! http://mom2anutball.blogspot.com/

    hawkgirl_16 {at} hotmail {dot} com

  54. mom2anutball said...

    I subscribe!
    hawkgirl_16 {at} hotmail {dot} com

  55. Terri said...

    I would use For Kids bracelets for my granddaughter. Thanks!
    vinter@warwick.net

  56. masonsgranny59 said...

    I would use the For Kids bracelets,for my grandchildren:)
    Thanks for the awesome review,giveaway,and 4 the entry:)

  57. iggysaysno said...

    I would use this 'for kids' specifically for my nephew when he visits

Post a Comment

News

Summer

Contest

Default