There are many sunglasses out there for children, but how do you choose? Well, I just realized that it's best to give your kids wrap around shades so that their eyes are protected from all angles. MFS (My First Shades) Eyewear specializes in that type of frame, minimizing your child's exposure to peripheral UV light.
Did you know not all sunglasses provide the same level of UV protection? Darkened plastic or glass lenses WITHOUT UV Filters trick the eyes into a false sense of safety! Purchase sunglasses with a label ensuring they provide 100% protection.
Beyond the protection, the sunglasses are cool and comfortable. My 3 year old son is constantly putting on his Black and Silver extreme shades. But he does it himself! And trust me, I know what's going on in that little head of his! He thinks he looks like one of his favorite super heroes, Cyclops. And we completely encourage it, if it means he wears his sunglasses even more.
I was curious about the wrap-around band. Would it be difficult for him to take the glasses on and off himself? Would it be comfortable? Considering he wears them all the time, I know they are comfortable. The mesh-lined neoprene band is very flexible and can be adjusted for the best fit. And yes, my 3 year old can put them on and take them off all by himself - even if they do end up a little crooked or askew. But I just leave them within his reach. I don't have to worry too much about them breaking, since they have a shatterproof polycarbonate lens, which protects from 100% UVA and UVB. Plus, they are great around pools, the beach and physical activity, since the anti-fog vents keep the lenses clear!
Along with the Black and Silver Extreme Shades, my sons also received a pair of red shades, for ages 3 to 7, and Blue Shades, also for ages 3 to 7. My little one is 1.5 but really big, so I thought these would fit best. These glasses are easily adjustable, with Velcro on the side. They provide maximum eye protection, with new 100% UV400 polycarbonate lenses. They are shatterproof, impact-resistant, fashionable and fun!
When shopping at MFS Eyewear, you can choose from four categories:
- My First Shades: Sunglasses for babies, toddlers, and kids up to age 5. They provide 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays, and are comfortable, attractive, and durable.
- Xtreme Sports: Xtreme Sports are sunglasses for the most active kids, ages 3 -12, with features designed to stand up to skiing, wave running, and triathlons.
- Xtreme Elements: Xtreme Elements are the sunglasses you’ll have to pry off your kids, they are so cool. I totally suggest buying these for ages 3 - 7!
- Big Leaguers: For ages 3 - 12, Big Leaguers have team logos imprinted on the temple pieces. It is Officially Licensed MLB gear.
So, don't overlook sun care for your children's eyes any longer! Check out the oh-so cool styles at MFS Eyewear and pick out a pair for your child! And feel secure in knowing that MFS Wraparound glasses will protect their eyes from all angles!
MFS Eyewear is giving one Buzz reader a chance to win a pair of child sunglasses!
MANDATORY, FIRST ENTRY: Visit MFS Eyewear and tell me your favorite style.
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But for extra entries, you can do the following - leave a comment for each:
- Add the Mom Buzz to your Twitter and Tweet the contest. Leave your Tweet Link.
- Blog about the contest - add a link to the Mom Buzz and the Sponsor
- Add the Mom Buzz button to your site
- Add the Mom Buzz to your blogroll.