The Mom Buff

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So I've been working out for over a week now. (Wow!) It's great going back to the gym! And my husband is behind me 100%, so it's great to have his support. Even if he is laughing at me as I show him my new found "muscles". (I squeak when I show off a bicep.)

Since I am still new at this, sometimes I feel awkward or silly when working out. I am so used to having my husband with me in the past when I have questions. Now as I look around wondering where a certain machine is, I actually am lost!

So my advice is ... get over it. Ask someone at the gym for help! If they work at the gym, it's their job! And if you are at a 24/7 gym, like mine, then just look for someone who seems knowledgeable. I am betting, that as long as you don't interrupt them between reps (wait for them to put their weights down), that they will be happy to point you in the right direction. But, just don't expect a fellow gym member to stop EVERYTHING to answer ALL of your questions. But if you just say you are new and can't spot the preacher curl equipment, they can help.

Side note ... I was asking my husband what causes muscle pain the other day. Is it muscles being rebuilt or pain from the muscle tearing during the work out? Well ... he answered me with what is DOMS. Feel free to go on over and learn more!

NEXT WEEK: Pictures! Kevin is going to take some pictures of me, so I can see if I had any progress over a 2 week period!

<span class=
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

3 Friends Buzzing:

  1. blueviolet said...

    I know you don't have a weight problem so you must just be trying to gain some strength. Good luck!

  2. As They Grow Up said...

    Great article Erin!

  3. Erin Tales said...

    blueviolet - I am definitely trying to add muscle! LMAO! I guess I should clarify what I am up to. I am not trying to lose weight, since I have more of a ectomorph body type. But, I do have that "nice" extra skin on my tummy from having babies and cellulite on my legs since they aren't toned and a bit of a saggy arse. LOL. But I figured if I gained 20 pounds of muscle, I would rock. So over the next year that is my goal - gain 20 pounds of muscle. Plus, it's just a healthy activity to go to the gym for me time.

Post a Comment

News

Summer

Contest

Default