Olive Kids' Bedding & Personalized Accessories

Friday, July 03, 2009

When my son turned 3, his grandmother bought him a new bedroom set. It's gorgeous, with a "cabin" feel to it. It even has a tent-like canopy on the twin bed. Well, since I only had toddler bedding stuff, I needed to update.

At first I was thinking of going the character route, especially since my son LOVES super heroes. So I was looking at Batman, Superman, Ironman, etc. bedding sets. But it just didn't complement the new bedroom set. Then I remembered Olive Kids. I decided to go there and check it out. I fell in love with the non-character selections for boys, with fun themes like Space, Cowboys, Pirates and more. I decided to buy the Ride 'em Twin Bedbox, because the cowboy print would surely complement his new room!

The Ride 'em Twin Bedbox set includes a fitted comforter, fitted sheet, straight sheet, bedskirt, pillowcase and sham. When it came in I realized that the bedskirt would not fit correctly his style of bed. Bummer. And the comforter, with its prefolded end, needs to be pushed down to fit on his bed correctly. It's called a "Hugger". It is reversible, with the other side being a red paisley pattern.

The sheetset fit wonderfully! It has wonderful cream color with red trim and a pattern of cowboys, cacti, covered wagons, and campfires decorating it. The pillowcase has a coordinating red paisley hem that is folded and sewn. And the sham was a red paisley pattern, perfectly complementing the sheets. The sheets are 100% Percale Cotton, 210 thread count.

When all is said and done, it looks fabulous! Just be aware if your child's bed sits directly in a boarded area - like bunk beds, you might have trouble too with the twin comforter and skirt.

Now, here is the kicker. When talking to Olive Kids they gave me a wonderful opportunity to review a personalized item from their shop, suggesting their new framed prints. I visited and thought the Ride 'em Cowboy print would truly complement his new bedding! In fact, you will find personalized prints to match all of their bedding - but it will also fit in wonderfully if you buy it by itself. They have mermaids, pirate ships, planes and more to choose from!

When it came in, with a black wooden frame, it had his name printed on it. It was such a surprise for him and looks great hanging in his room! The print is pretty big, measuring 18.5 x 24.5.

Honestly, I could go wild completely finishing his room with coordinating pieces, like draw pulls, throws, rugs, wallies and more. And with bedding sets in sizes from toddler to Queen, you can count on finding what you want in the size you need. (I was so annoyed when some of those character sets that I was considering prior only came in toddler or full! What about twin?)

Overall, the entire experience with Olive Kids has been wonderful and you can be sure I will be back to buy my second son's bedroom set, as well. This time I am thinking pirates!


One buzz reader will have an opportunity to win a personalized frame print from Olive Kids. To enter, visit Olive Kids and tell me what print you would choose.

EXTRA ENTRIES:
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But for extra entries, you can:
  • Add the Mom Buzz to your Twitter and Tweet the contest. Leave your Tweet Link!
  • Blog about the contest - add a link to the Mom Buzz and the Sponsor
  • Add the Mom Buzz button to your site OR add the Mom Buzz to your blog roll.
  • Subscribe to the Mom Buzz via e-mail or RSS feed. (See right sidebar)
  • Tell me your favorite product from Olive Kids.
Contest Ends July 21st. Please refer to complete contest rules.


Photobucket

This is solely the opinion of the Mom Buzz. Other people may have different experiences with the product. The bedset was purchased by the Mom Buzz. The framed print was provided for review. Don't forget to enter my other hot contests so you can win and try buzzworthy products!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

142 Friends Buzzing:

  1. The McDougles said...

    I would choose the pirate print for my son

    heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

  2. The McDougles said...

    Your button is on my blog

    heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

  3. The McDougles said...

    I subscribe

    heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

  4. The McDougles said...

    I love the rugs especially the pirate and spaceship ones.

    heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

  5. Stacey Moore said...

    the butterfly garden print would love adorale in ella's room!
    thanks!
    moore.g@insideconnect.net

  6. Stacey Moore said...

    subscriber!
    thanks!
    moore.g@insideconnect.net

  7. Stacey Moore said...

    we love their bedding sets!
    thanks!
    moore.g@insideconnect.net

  8. susan said...

    I'd choose the Trains, Planes and Trucks
    Pers. Print.

  9. susan said...

    I follow on twitter and tweeted. http://twitter.com/susanlanai/status/2461029494

  10. susan said...

    I'm a subscriber.

  11. susan said...

    My favorite product is the Under Construction Kids Bedding.

  12. greyswanprincess@yahoo.com said...

    Butterfly Garden
    Pers. Print

    very cute! i want a whole bedroom set!

  13. Sylvia said...

    I would pick the Butterfly Garden Print
    sylviawhit@gmail.com

  14. Sylvia said...

    I subscribe by email
    sylviawhit@gmail.com

  15. Beth said...

    I would get the Butterfly Garden print.

  16. Beth said...

    My favorite item is the Country Baby Crib Bedding.

  17. Beth said...

    I'm a subscriber.

  18. Kristy said...

    I would choose Butterfly Garden for my daughters room ,which is done in Butterflies!

    jellibeenz1978@hotmail.com

  19. Kristy said...

    Have your button on my blog

    jellibeenz1978@hotmail.com

  20. Kristy said...

    Email subscriber

    jellibeenz1978@hotmail.com

  21. Kristy said...

    I love the Tea Party bedding set!

    jellibeenz1978@hotmail.com

  22. Beth said...

    I like Flowerland
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

  23. Beth said...

    I subscribe
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

  24. mscoffee77 said...

    I love the Country Farm print the best. It would be so cute in my son's room:)

    mscoffee77(AT)juno(DOT)com

  25. MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

    BASEBALL

  26. Amber said...

    I would choose the butterfly garden print!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  27. Cindy B. of Montana said...

    I would choose the basketball print with a black frame. My little Legend is all about "hoops" right now!

  28. Cindy B. of Montana said...

    I follow you on twitter(sendtocindy) and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/sendtocindy/status/2464953379

  29. Cindy B. of Montana said...

    button on left sidebar at www.thebabblingbrooks.typepad.com

  30. Cindy B. of Montana said...

    e-mail subscriber

  31. Cindy B. of Montana said...

    Love the Out Of This World Printed Rug!

  32. Alexis AKA MOM said...

    My oldest would love the dino one :)

  33. Alexis AKA MOM said...

    Mom Buzz Button up :)

    http://mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com

  34. Alexis AKA MOM said...

    I subscribe ;)

  35. Alexis AKA MOM said...

    Love the Growth Charts, I really need to get one for the boys! You know before they get to college ... LOL :)

  36. Jen said...

    I would get the "Out of the World" print because we just decorated my sons room with stars and planets

  37. Jen said...

    Also, my favorite product at Olive Kids are the personalized clocks. I'm thinking of getting him one for Christmas!

  38. gahome2mom said...

    My daughter would like the Tea Party.

    gahome2mom at gmail dot com

  39. gahome2mom said...

    Win Olive Kids @themombuzz http://bit.ly/KVWQi

    @gahome2mom

    gahome2mom at gmail dot com

  40. gahome2mom said...

    subscriber
    gahome2mom at gmail dot com

  41. gahome2mom said...

    button ABC listed
    Loving Heart Designs
    gahome2mom at gmail dot com

  42. gahome2mom said...

    I like the kids clocks or growth charts. So many cool things. :)

    gahome2mom at gmail dot com

  43. jceko77 said...

    I would choose butterfly garden
    jceko77@yahoo.com

  44. jceko77 said...

    email subscriber
    jceko77@yahoo.com

  45. judybrittle said...

    I would love the Dinosaurland for my grandson. That would be wonderful! Thank you!

  46. judybrittle said...

    I follow on Twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/kewpiedoll04/status/2476936556

  47. judybrittle said...

    I'm a subscriber.

  48. judybrittle said...

    My favorite item is the Dinosaurland Floor Pillow.

  49. KristiLynn said...

    Game On
    Pers. Print
    FI-GAME-315 is super cute! My son would love it for his room!
    kristi2bsb@Yahoo.com

  50. Sarah D. said...

    I would choose the Butterfly Garden
    Pers. Print for my niece.

  51. jamielz said...

    I would choose the Butterfly Garden for my daughter.
    jamielz@verizon.net

  52. jamielz said...

    Extra: My favorite item is the Tea Party
    Plush Pillow

  53. moushka said...

    We would choose Butterfly Garden.

  54. moushka said...

    Subscriber!

  55. jnmacdonald said...

    I'd choose butterfly garden.

  56. Anonymous said...

    I'd choose the dinosaurland.

    faery13 at msn dot com

  57. john said...

    Hi I hope that u had a great day ! I have gone through your your blog it is very nice. I am here with a beautiful website related to Shopping.
    I can assure u that, it is one of the best shopping site which i ever found out on web. come on buddy !
    why wasting time then,Just have a look at this website. http://www.sportskids.com

  58. Secret Life of a WAHM said...

    I would choose the Tea Party Pers. Print FI-TEAP-315

  59. Secret Life of a WAHM said...

    I have your button

  60. Secret Life of a WAHM said...

    I subscribe

  61. Secret Life of a WAHM said...

    I love the Tea Party
    Plush Pillow
    BD-TEAP-220

  62. sweetsue said...

    The Butterfly Garden is my favorite. It would look so cute in my granddaughter's room.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  63. sweetsue said...

    I have your button on my sidebar.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  64. sweetsue said...

    My favorite product is the Ride 'em Toddler Bedding-so cute!
    smchester at gmail dot com

  65. Hotsnotty2 said...

    I would choose the Dinosaurland Print for my son Tommy!

  66. amywarren said...

    i would get the ride 'em cowboy print for my son.

  67. amywarren said...

    i also think the mermaid and ride 'em cowboy bedding sets are adorable!

  68. amywarren said...

    i subscribe.

  69. Super Blogger Girl! said...

    I would choose the personalized pirate print for my little man!

    jennifer.lleras@gmail.com

  70. Mary said...

    I would choose the tea party print for my daughter.

    mfalcon 13 at hotmail dot com

  71. Mary said...

    I also like the tea party kids bedding.

    mfalcon13 at hotmail dot com

  72. Anonymous said...

    I would choose the Dinosaurland print with a dark green frame. Thank you!

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  73. Anonymous said...

    I am an e-mail subscriber.

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  74. Anonymous said...

    The Wild Animals personalized clock is my favorite item on the site.

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  75. kandisprizza said...

    I would choose the Flowerland print. It is so cute.

    kandisprizza@gmail.com

  76. kandisprizza said...

    Subscriber.

    kandisprizza@gmail.com

  77. kandisprizza said...

    My favorite is their Fantastic Floor Pillows!

    kandisprizza@gmail.com

  78. Melissa said...

    I would choose the butterfly garden print for my daughter's room. Thanks!

    JanuaryWish at verizon dot net

  79. Melissa said...

    Following on twitter.
    tweet: http://twitter.com/LilahBean/status/2587117159

    JanuaryWish at verizon dot net

  80. Melissa said...

    I have your button here: http://lilahbean.blogspot.com/

    JanuaryWish at verizon dot net

  81. rbailey1958 said...

    Butterfly Garden FI-BGAR-315
    pkbailey@charter.net

  82. rbailey1958 said...

    I also liked the Pirate bedding
    pkbailey@charter.net

  83. Anonymous said...

    If I won, I would choose the Flowerland Pers. Print FY-FLOW 315 in a yellow frame.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  84. Anonymous said...

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  85. Anonymous said...

    My favorite product is the Tea Party pers. Floor Pillow.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  86. Staci said...

    We'd love the Out of this World print!
    mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

  87. Staci said...

    I have your button.
    mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

  88. Staci said...

    I subscribe.
    mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

  89. Staci said...

    And I love the Personalized Floor Pillows too!
    mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

  90. Sportskids Team said...

    SportsKids.com store offering Sporting goods, Bedding, Clothing, Sports Camps & Leagues directory, Kids Online Games and more. Sports stuff for kids and families with huge discounts.

    sports bedding

  91. sarah said...

    I would choose touchdown (FI-GAME-317)

  92. ohmmommy said...

    The Under Construction is adorable.

  93. ohmmommy said...

    Tweeted,

    http://twitter.com/ohmmommy/status/2695178090

  94. ohmmommy said...

    Have your button.

  95. ohmmommy said...

    Subscribe by reader.

  96. ohmmommy said...

    Love the all the Under Construction themed items, and how you can even get plates to carry the theme to dinner.

  97. jenbutterfly12 said...

    I would choose the Butterfly Garden print for my daughter.

    jenbutterfly12 at yahoo dot com

  98. jenbutterfly12 said...

    I'm an email subscriber.

    jenbutterfly12 at yahoo dot com

  99. jenbutterfly12 said...

    Tweet, Tweet.

    http://twitter.com/jenbutterfly/status/2698884900

  100. jenbutterfly12 said...

    My fave item is the Plane, Train, & Trucks bedding.

  101. Marianna said...

    I like the Goal! soccer personalized print

  102. Marianna said...

    I also like the Game On! kids bedding!

  103. SCMOMOF2BOYS said...

    I would choose the Trains, Planes and Trucks
    Pers. Print FI-TPTX-315. Perfect for my nursery!

  104. SCMOMOF2BOYS said...

    I subscribe!

  105. SCMOMOF2BOYS said...

    I follow your blog.

  106. Jennifer said...

    I would pick the boys construction print!

  107. yyeres said...

    I would choose the Wild Animals print. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com

  108. yyeres said...

    my favorite item is the Dinosaurland Personalized Clock. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com

  109. Anonymous said...

    The print I would choose would be Out Of This World.

    fooks213@yahoo.com

  110. Anonymous said...

    it would have to be the race cars pattern! Everything is race cars these days!!! isanangel776@hotmail.com

  111. erma said...

    My son would love the Game On
    Pers. Print
    FI-GAME-315.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  112. Shooting Stars Mag said...

    These are so cute. I'd probably the cowboy one for my cousin...he lives in Texas.

    -Lauren
    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

  113. Shooting Stars Mag said...

    I subscribe via email.

    -Lauren
    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

  114. Shooting Stars Mag said...

    One of my favorite items is the Wild Animals Printed Rug.

    -Lauren
    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

  115. Tylerpants said...

    The Dinosaurland personalized print would be perfect for my son!

  116. Tylerpants said...

    I also love the Pirates! Plush Pillow, how fun!

  117. Tylerpants said...

    I'm a subscriber. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  118. Molly K said...

    I would pick the Under Construction Print. It would match my sons room perfectly.

  119. Molly K said...

    I subscribe.

  120. paula h said...

    I would like the Something Fishy for my daughter.

    hafner611{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  121. paula h said...

    subscriber

  122. paula h said...

    I love the Ride Em' Toddler Bedding.

  123. tasardina said...

    Game On /Baseball with blue frame is darling.
    tasardina@yahoo.com

  124. tasardina said...

    My favorite item would be the Trains, Planes and Trucks Printed Rug (it's ROUND).
    tasardina@yahoo.om

  125. tasardina said...

    subscriber.
    tasardina@yahoo.com

  126. trixpixel said...

    I love the cute Game On personalized print!

  127. trixpixel said...

    I also love the adorable Tea Party floor pillow!

  128. trixpixel said...

    I'm a subscriber

  129. Christy Lee said...

    I love the under construction things. Thank you for the giveaway!

    Christy
    sheridesthatbigredhonda@yahoo.com

  130. Leslie said...

    Somethin' Fishy

  131. Kelly F said...

    I would pick the Trains, Planes and Trucks print!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  132. Kelly F said...

    I have your button:
    http://invisiblepedestrian.blogspot.com/

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  133. Kelly F said...

    I subscribe!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  134. kathy pease said...

    i would choose the all star my son loves basketball :)

  135. kathy pease said...

    subscriber

  136. kathy pease said...

    http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/2765969171

  137. kathy pease said...

    i also love the Butterfly Garden
    Clock
    $19.99

  138. Anna Pinder said...

    The print I would choose is the Butterfly Garden. Thank you!

  139. Anna Pinder said...

    My favorite product is the Personalized Growth Chart!

  140. lilyk said...

    I love the Wild Animals print!

  141. lilyk said...

    I subscribed by email.

  142. lilyk said...

    I love the Tea Party Plush Pillow!

Post a Comment

News

Summer

Contest

Default