Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard PLUS SPF 30 from Avon

Thursday, July 30, 2009

So, I was recently contacted to try out Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard PLUS SPF 30 from Avon. Which makes total sense, since my state bird here in the south is the mosquito.

I just wanted to say, I was surprised that it was in a green can when it arrived. I know, you are wondering why it is pertinent. But if I was looking for this, I would be keeping an eye open for a pink can. Avon - right? But it's in a green can. So now you know. Let's move on to the important stuff.

I am amazed that they combined SPF 30 with the bug repellent. But how BRILLIANT is that? I mean, if you are outside you will want both types of protection. Why spray twice? And if you did spray twice, who knows how to different products would interact. Maybe your skin would change colors! (That would be the least of my worries). And honestly, who wants to spray kids twice? They are on the go as it is. So now when I go to the park at 10 am (and the sun seems to glare here from 8 am to 5 pm), we aren't bothered by those pesky mosquitoes who are lying in wait by puddles, ponds and other stagnant water.

But, this EXPEDITION insect repellent is just the thing for hikes, long walks in brush and camping too. Do you know it repels deer ticks too? Those are the buggers that are so tiny and hard to find - plus they carry lyme disease. (And why don't we like mosquitoes ... the Nile Virus). See, both of these buggers do more than bite, they carry dangerous diseases. So you have to protect your family the best you can. It also protects against annoying bugs, like gnats, no-seeums, sand flies and biting midges.

There is a scent to the Bug Guard/Insect Repellent when you first apply it. But it dries with no scent and no stickiness. It is water resitant, up to 80 minutes even in the water or after some serious sweating! From what I can tell, for the best protection reapply after every 6 hours. We normally aren't outside that long - I just sprayed it before heading to the park and it was awesome. Especially for my little one who is "mosquito bait".

Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard uses IR3535 instead of DEET to repel bugs. It also contains Vitamin E. It is mild enough to be used with the whole family, but I would ask your pediatrician before using it with babies under 12 months.

I received the unscented aerosol version, but I think I would have been interested in the pump/Gentle Breeze version more-so. You can get either from www.avon.com for $14.00.

Check it out on the Today's Show!



The Avon Skin So Soft did awesome during their test!

Photobucket

This is solely the opinion of the Mom Buzz. Thank you Avon for supplying the Bug Guard. Other people may have different experiences with the product. And don't forget to enter my other hot contests so you can win and try buzzworthy products!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

2 Friends Buzzing:

  1. As They Grow Up said...

    This is a great product! I know for Davis i use the kids sunblock/bug guard and love it!

  2. Dana Poole said...

    Get this wonderful product and more by shopping my online web page. I am an Avon Independant Sales Rep and Im here to service your needs. Free shipping available. Thanks for looking.
    Goto: www.youravon.com/dpoole9063

Post a Comment

News

Summer

Contest

Default